|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 63g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||23%|
|Total Sugars 15g|
|Vitamin C 52mg||258%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Sweet breakfast summer rolls are the perfect way to eat oatmeal and fruit on the go. They’re beautiful, packed with nutrition, and are naturally gluten-free thanks to the rice paper wrappers. Serve them with a delicious honey lime yogurt dip for even more flavor. We included a variety of fruits to mix up the colors and flavors, but you can use any combination of any fruits you like—even crunchy apples work well.
If you aren’t a fan of oatmeal you can fill the rolls with other grains cooked like breakfast cereal, millet, quinoa, or farro.
For the Summer Rolls:
10 rice paper wrappers
1/2 cup sliced kiwi
1/2 cup sliced dragon fruit
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup sliced mango
2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
1/4 cup coconut chips
2 cups overnight oats
For the Dipping Sauce:
1 cup vanilla whole milk yogurt
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 teaspoons honey
Steps to Make It
Make the Summer Rolls
Gather the ingredients.
Place a rice paper wrapper in a shallow bowl of warm water for 30 seconds. Press down to completely soak the wrapper. Remove it from the water and place on a clean flat surface.
Place the sliced fruit off center on the wrapper. Place two tablespoons of the overnight oats next to the fruit and top with sunflower seeds and coconut chips if you wish. You can mix and match.
Fold the wrapper over the top of the oats and seeds to secure them in place.
Roll the wrapper-covered oats on top of the fruit and fold in the sides of the wrapper.
Continue rolling until the contents are completely wrapped.
Continue with remaining fruit and oats.
Prepare the Dipping Sauce
When you are done preparing the rolls, set them aside and prepare the dip. Gather the dipping sauce ingredients.
Whisk together the yogurt, lime juice and zest, and honey in a bowl.
Serve the dip with the rolls and enjoy.
- Do not make these rolls too far in advance. The rice paper gets hard if it sits out to long.
- You can prep the fruit in advance. Slice it a few hours or up to one day in advance. Wrap the fruit in a single layer on a clean plate and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- Make sure to use the brightest color and ripest fruit for the best appearance and flavor.
You can create lots of different flavors in these rolls!
- Carrot Cake: Use our carrot cake overnight oats recipe along with some sliced carrot and coconut chips.
- Pumpkin Pie: Add pumpkin pie filling (spiced) to the overnight oats. Use apple slices and chopped toasted pecans to add to the fillings.
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake: Add a slice of cream cheese to the top of the overnight oats. Then use blueberries sprinkled with turbinado sugar and lemon zest as the fruit layer.
- Try adding chopped toasted nuts into the overnight oats for extra crunch.