This is a side sauce for brisket that you can put on the table and let people use as needed. Traditionally, barbecue isn't prepared with sauce slathered on top. It's the diner who gets to decide whether they want to use it or not.
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 3/4 cup/180 mL water
- 1/4 cup/60 mL brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.75 mL black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat. Stir often.
2. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 to 6 minutes. Serve on the side with barbecue beef brisket. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week after initial preparation.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|