This squash dish makes a great side for turkey, prime rib, lamb, or duck. Try this grilled acorn squash recipe next time you have a fancy meal and you'll be sure to please most everyone.
- 4 small acorn squash halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) nutmeg
1. In a small bowl combine all ingredients, except squash. Spoon mixture into squash halves.
2. Preheat grill and prepare for indirect cooking. Place stuffed squash on unheated portion of the grill. Allow to cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until squash is tender.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|