These grilled chicken wings are sure to please your guests. The earthiness of the curry and mustard blends very well with the sweetness from the honey. Try them the next time you have a cookout and see what a hit they will be.
- 2-3 pounds/1 to 1.4 g of chicken wings (tips removed_
- Garnish: 1/4 cup mint leaves (or cilantro leaves, chopped)
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup/120 mL honey (warmed)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter
- 1/3 cup/80 mL dry white wine
- 3 tablespoon/45 mL Dijon Mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons/12.5 mL curry powder
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoon/10 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
Place wings in a resealable plastic bag.
Combine the remaining ingredients.
Reserve half of the mixture by placing into an airtight container and storing in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Pour remaining half of mixture into bag with wings, coat well, seal bag, and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
At the end of marinating time, place reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 6-8 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. If mixture becomes too thick, add a small bit of water (1-2 tablespoons).
Preheat grill for direct medium heat.
Remove wings from bag and discard marinade.
Place the wings on the grill and cook for 10 minutes of direct heat. Cook over indirect heat for remaining 15-20 minutes.
Make sure to watch for flare-ups.
Remove the meat once it has reached a safe internal temperature of 165 F and place it into a large bowl.
Pour cooked sauce over the top (it might need to be rewarmed either in the microwave for 30 seconds or on the stovetop for a few minutes.)
Using tongs, flip wings around sauce until well coated. Plate, top with mint or cilantro leaves and serve.