This sweet onion salad dressing recipe is fast, easy to make, and can be served warm or cool.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, grated, or other sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, mustard, and celery seed.
- Add grated sweet onion, oil, and vinegar. Heat until sugar is melted.
- Cool and refrigerate, or serve as a warm dressing.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|