This is a tasty sweet potato casserole recipe, perfect for a holiday feast. It's baked with a crunchy brown sugar pecan and coconut topping.
The filling is a basic mixture of mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, and eggs, along with spices and butter.
Two 16-ounce cans of sweet potato puree can be used to replace the cooked mashed sweet potatoes.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes (cooked, mashed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 to 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, butter, eggs, milk, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk or beat until well blended. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and blend thoroughly.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the prepared 2-quart baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over the sweet potato filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. or until the filling is set and the topping is browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|