Creamy meets crunchy in this this tasty sweet potato casserole. And frozen pre-cut sweet potatoes make this recipe easy to prepare. This sweet potato casserole makes a great Easter or Thanksgiving side dish.
- 24 ounces pre-cut frozen sweet potatoes (such as Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons. salt
- For Streusel Topping:
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 1-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Steam potatoes in microwave according to package directions.
- Pour into a mixing bowl. Add milk, butter, brown sugar and salt. Mash until smooth. Pour into prepared dish.
- Mix together topping ingredients. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake 25 minutes, until topping is browned and sweet potatoes and heated through.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|