This sweet potato cheesecake recipe is a rich and delicious cheesecake, perfect for a holiday dessert or party. The graham cracker and pecan crust is the perfect base for this yummy cheesecake.
Use mashed cooked sweet potatoes or canned sweet potato puree.
- For the Graham Cracker-Pecan Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (finely crushed)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- For the Filling:
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups/3 medium sweet potatoes (mashed)
- Optional: whipped cream
First, preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and chopped pecans. Blend thoroughly and then press into a 10-inch springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and eggs until smooth; beat in flour, cinnamon, and ginger. Add the cream and well-mashed sweet potatoes and beat on medium speed just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust.
- Bake in the preheated 425 F oven for 15 minutes; lower heat to 275 F and bake for 1 hour longer. Turn heat off and leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool for several hours, or remove it from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Chill before serving and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream or caramel sauce and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- *To cook the sweet potatoes, bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice. Put them in the boiling water. Cover the pan and boil for about 20 minutes, or until very tender. Drain well and mash or puree.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|