This cream cheese sweet potato pie is a cheesecake-like pie made with fresh or canned pureed sweet potatoes, cream cheese, and brown sugar. The rich, creamy filling is spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (deep dish, homemade or purchased)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground ginger to taste
- Dash of salt to taste
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, mashed sweet potato, and brown and granulated sugars; beat until smooth.
- Blend in the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Beat in eggs and vanilla just until blended.
- Pour the sweet potato cream cheese filling mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 40 minutes or until the center has set. It will still jiggle slightly. Cool on a rack.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 4 hours or overnight to chill thoroughly.
- Store leftover sweet potato cream cheese pie in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 days. Freeze the pie or individual slices in an airtight container for 6 to 7 months.
- Top each serving with whipped cream or whipped topping or drizzle with a dessert sauce like this easy caramel sauce or butterscotch sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|