Sweet potato croquettes are made with sweet potatoes and butter and egg, then deep fried.
- 2 cups/4 medium sweet potatoes (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 package fine dry bread crumbs (plain)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, and brown sugar; beat until smooth and well blended. Chill thoroughly.
- Shape chilled mixture into croquettes.
- Mix slightly beaten egg with water in a bowl.
- Put the fine bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip sweet potato croquettes into crumbs, then into beaten egg mixture, then in crumbs again.
- Fry in hot deep fat, about 370 F, until croquettes are golden brown. Drain well. Serves 4.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|