These sweet potatoes are sliced and then deep-fried to perfection. Season the sweet potato fries with salt and freshly ground black pepper, Cajun or Creole seasoning, or a blend of cinnamon with granulated sugar.
Serve the fries with pulled pork sandwiches or burgers, or serve them alongside grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.
- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 bottle vegetable oil for deep frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2- x 3-inch strips. Put the sweet potato strips in ice water until ready to fry.
- In a deep fryer or deep saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 370 F.
- Dry the sweet potato strips with paper towels and fry in batches in 370 F oil. When the fries are lightly browned and tender, transfer to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper or salt and a little cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|