These little muffin cup pies are easy to fix and taste wonderful with fresh whipped cream or whipped topping. Sprinkle the pies with cinnamon sugar before serving.
Biscuit mix is used in this recipe, along with eggs, spices, and sweet potato puree. If you don't have any biscuit baking mix, try my homemade version.
Sweet Potato Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (canned or fresh)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground ginger
- Garnish: freshly whipped cream (or thawed whipped topping)
- Optional: cinnamon sugar
- Heat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas 5). Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin with the eggs, biscuit mix, sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the sweet potato mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake the pies for 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned and set. The pies will pull away from the sides of the muffin cups.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a rack. Carefully slide a sharp knife around each pie to loosen the sides and lift them out onto a plate or tray. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes longer and then serve with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|