This moist sweet potato bread is low in fat and super easy to prepare and bake. Applesauce replaces oil or butter in the recipe.
I used chopped dates in the bread pictured, but raisins or other dried fruit could be used as well.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 7 ounces
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 2 large
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- Grease bottom of a loaf pan approximately 9- x 5- x 3-inches. Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3).
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and spices in mixing bowl; stir in the sugar, pecans, and raisins or dates.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, milk, and mashed sweet potatoes; stir to blend well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a large spoon just until the mixture is moistened.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|