1. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut each one into 8 pieces. Chop red pepper. Chop onion. Chop garlic.
2. In a soup pot, heat oil. Add sweet potatoes, red pepper, onion and garlic. Saute for 6-8 minutes, until onions are translucent.
3. Add hot water and chicken broth. Season with paprika, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low flame for 30-40 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft enough to mash.
4. Using an insertion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
5. Season with salt and pepper, according to taste.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|