A holiday sweet potato casserole with marshmallow topping, or top with grated orange zest. This is an excellent recipe for holiday dinners.
- 6 large sweet potatoes (baked, peeled, and mashed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup good bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 package miniature marshmallows
- Mix all ingredients well; beat well, until light and fluffy. If needed add a little more milk.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into a buttered casserole dish; bake at 350° until set, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with marshmallows and bake until marshmallows melt and just begin to brown.
- If desired, garnish with finely grated orange zest instead of marshmallows, and skip the final baking time.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|