Condensed milk may not be a common ingredient in many household pantries but this simple ingredient can make dozens of tasty dishes. If you've ever run out of milk or sugar for your morning coffee, this product is a great alternative.
Condensed milk is milk that has had the water removed. Sweetened condensed milk means sugar has been added. It has all the health benefits of milk but can keep for years if unopened. Find out how it is commonly used in desserts.
No-bake pies, freezer pies and the ubiquitous key lime pie that originated in the Florida Keys and has made its way around the world.
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Pie: This delicious frozen pie is made with a graham cracker or cookie crust and peanut butter and candy filling.
- Mitzi's Key Lime Pie: A favorite recipe for key lime pie.
- Suzi's Tang Pie: This pie is made with orange drink powder, sour cream, whipped topping, and condensed milk. It's an easy and delicious summertime pie.
- Frozen Lemonade Pie: Just three ingredients in a graham cracker pie shell makes this a perfect summer dessert.
- Banana Caramel Pie: This easy pie is made with sweetened condensed milk, bananas, whipped topping, and candy bars.
- Frozen Blueberry Lemonade Pie: Blueberries give this lemonade pie color and that wonderful blueberry flavor.
- Cherry Pretzel Dessert: This incredible dessert is made with a pretzel crust, sweet cream cheese filling, and cherry pie filling topping.
- Pumpkin Pie With Pecan Streusel: A delicious pumpkin pie recipe with a brown sugar-pecan streusel topping.
All you have to say is cheesecake. And, yes, there are even more cakes that make you want to lick the bowl and spoon.
- Southern Coconut Cake: This amazing cake is made with a cake mix, coconut, and sweetened condensed milk. It's moist, delicious, and it disappears in minutes.
- New York Style Cheesecake: This rich and delicious cheesecake is made with cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Turtle Cake With Caramels: This is a delicious cake made with cake mix, caramels, and sweetened condensed milk.
Cookies, Bars, and Fudge
Chocolate and milk share a special relationship. Together, the options are limitless. Add in cherries, peanut butter, coconut, and you are asking for trouble walking away from the dessert table.
- Jessica's Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies: These cookies are baked with a cherry in the center, along with a chocolate and sweetened condensed milk topping.
- Chocolate Oat Bars: Chocolate filled oat bars, made with chocolate chips, brown sugar, oatmeal, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Magic Cookie Bars with Chocolate Chips and Coconut: Always a hit, these cookies are made with butter, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, pecans, coconut, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Bars: Delicious bars with peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate chips.
- Super-Easy Chocolate Fudge: This easy chocolate fudge is a snap to make with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and a little butter.
- Hello Dolly Bars: These layered bars are made with graham cracker crumbs, butterscotch and chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Amaretto Fudge: Use an amaretto flavored syrup if want the flavor but you would rather not use alcohol.
Sweetened condensed milk is used in macaroons, truffles, clusters, and balls of ooey-gooey, sweet-creamy delicious bites that are easy to make.
- Easy Coconut Macaroons: These easy macaroons are made with coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Martha Washington Candy: The creamy coconut and pecan filling in this candy is simply a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, coconut, pecans, and powdered sugar.
- Easy Chocolate Bourbon Truffles: Sweetened condensed milk makes these truffles quick and easy to prepare, and they can be made with a little more bourbon and less vanilla if desired.
- Chocolate Peanut Candy Clusters: This candy is similar to the popular Goo Goo Cluster, and the recipe is surprisingly easy to prepare.
- Easy Cocoa Coconut Balls: An easy no-bake treat, made with cocoa and coconut, along with sweetened condensed milk and confectioners' sugar.
Pudding is the dessert loved by all age groups: from toddlers to senior citizens and all the ages in between. When you have a good pudding recipe, you save it forever. These sweetened condensed milk recipes are keepsakes.
- Quick Croissant Bread Pudding: A delicious bread pudding made with croissants, fruit, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Banana Pudding: Instant pudding and sweetened condensed milk team up to make this shortcut banana pudding.
- Peach Bread Pudding: This is an easy and delicious peach bread pudding, made with sweetened condensed milk and diced peaches.
Confections for Groups
Dessert pizzas are making it onto restaurant menus (especially artisanal pizza joints) with good reason, they are a crowd pleaser. These sweet treats are great for groups.