- 2 tablespoons Szechuan peppercorns
- 8 tablespoons peanut oil (or canola)
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low or medium-low and add the Szechuan peppercorns.
- Brown the peppercorns, shaking the pan occasionally until they are aromatic.
- Crush the peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin, as you would to make a salt and pepper mix.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the oil over high heat.
- Return the crushed peppercorns to the frying pan and pour the oil over top.
- Cool again.
- Strain the flavored oil and store in a sealed container at room temperature.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|