If you like traditional vegetarian tabbouleh salad, try this gourmet tabbouleh made with feta cheese and edamame soybeans. Made with pesto and fresh herbs for plenty of flavors, this is an unusual and tasty vegetarian tabbouleh salad. Delish!
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked bulgur wheat
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup green onions (scallions), sliced think
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shelled edamame
Combine the bulgur wheat and boiling water in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
Combine pesto and lemon juice; stir with a whisk. Combine bulgur, pesto mixture, tomatoes, feta, chickpeas, green onions, parsley, pepper and edamame in a large bowl; and toss gently to combine. Serve with pita halves.
Nutritional information, per serving:
Calories: 570 (25% from fat); Fat 16g (sat 5.4g, mono 7.5g, poly 2.9g); Protein 23.3g; Carbs 93.3g; Fiber 14.2g; Cholesterol 23mg; Iron 7.8mg; Sodium 856mg; Calcium 352mg