Taco seasoning and similar spices flavor this hearty, beefy taco soup. Top this delicious slow cooker soup with tortilla chips or strips, or garnish with shredded cheese or sour cream.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, chili beans, or more black beans, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can or jar (8 ounces) taco sauce or tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 cup corn kernels, canned or frozen
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef with the onion and peppers, stirring frequently, until the beef is no longer pink.
- Transfer to the slow cooker insert (3 1/2- to 6-quart is fine).
- Add the two cans of beans, taco sauce or tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, garlic powder, cumin, oregano and corn.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Serves 8 to 10.
You Might Also Like
This taco soup is a spicy mixture of ingredients, cooked on the stovetop. Ranch dressing mix helps to flavor this tasty soup.
This is a similar recipe for taco soup, made with kidney beans and Rotel tomatoes.