This taffy apple salad makes a light and refreshing dessert that's perfect for potlucks and parties.
Although the recipe calls for the salad to be chilled 8 hours, you can serve it right away if you're short on time. And be prepared--once you make this dish, people will want you to make it again and again!
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 4 large apples (diced)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups peanuts
- Drain the liquid from pineapple chunks into a 3-quart saucepan. Add the vinegar, sugar, egg and flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a large bowl. Add the thawed whipped topping, stirring well to combine.
- Add the pineapple chunks, apples, marshmallows and peanuts. Stir well.
- Refrigerate for about 8 hours before serving if possible, although it's fine to serve it right away if you're short on time.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|