Love that rotisserie chicken you get at the store? Well, this is even better because you make it fresh, season it to your liking, and you get to watch it cook. Maybe we should call it "Better Than Take Out Style Rotisserie Chicken."
- 1 whole fryer chicken
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) honey
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
1. Clean and prepare chicken for rotisserie.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix until honey is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
4. Baste chicken with sauce and place on rotisserie on preheated grill. Cook for about 45 to 50 minutes at a temperature around 400 degrees F/200 degrees C, basting occasionally with sauce.
5. When done (internal temperature of 165 degrees), remove from grill and wrap tightly in foil. Let sit for about 15 minutes, then carve and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|