This rack of lamb has a traditional Indian spice rub on it that gives it an amazing flavor. You will want to sear the lamb hot to seal in the juices and give it a nice crusty surface. Serve with yogurt sauce (raita), rice, and grilled vegetables.
- 1 8-bone rack of lamb
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sugar (brown)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL turmeric
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL curry (powder)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cumin
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL mustard (dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ginger (powered)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
Combine turmeric, curry powder, cumin, coriander, brown sugar, mustard and ginger. Dry rack of lamb with paper towels and coat with spice mixture. Set aside for 1 hour. Preheat grill. Place lamb on hot grill and sear on each side for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat or move to a cooler part of the grill and continue grilling until the internal temperature reaches about 145 degrees F. (63 degrees C.) Once cooked, remove from grill and tent with aluminum foil. Allow rack of lamb to rest for about 10 minutes then cut into chops and serve.