These jumbo shrimp get a quick marinade in a traditional Indian mixture of spices and yogurt. The yogurt holds the seasonings in place and cooks down to a thin crust as the shrimp cooks.
- 24 shrimp (large)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL yogurt (plain)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL mint (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ginger (fresh, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL chili powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL turmeric
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL coriander
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- Garnish: lemon or lime wedges
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rinse and set aside on paper towels to dry.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Place shrimp in resealable plastic bag and pour yogurt mixture into bag making sure all shrimp are well coated.
- Seal bag and place in refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Place shrimp on hot grill and immediately brush with marinade.
- Grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until done. Shrimp is done when the color has changed from a glossy gray color to a pink color. Shrimp should take on a pink hue.
- Remove from grill and serve with sliced lemons or limes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|