These grilled chicken breasts are marinated in a flavorful buttermilk and spice mixture then placed on the grill. Reserve the marinade and brush on during the first half of cooking. Slice and serve in salads, wraps, sandwiches, or with your favorite Indian-inspired side dishes.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (skinless)
- 1 1/4 cups/300 mL buttermilk
- 1 lemon (squeezed, for juice)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp./10 mL cumin powder
- 2 tsp./10 mL coriander powder
- 1 tsp./5 mL Garam Masala
- 1 tsp./5 mL salt
- 1 tsp./5 mL onion powder
- 1/2 tsp./2.5 mL ginger (fresh grated)
- 1/2 tsp./2.5 mL turmeric
- 1/2 tsp./2.5 mL cardamom powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp./1.25-2.5 mL cayenne
- 1/2 tsp./2.5 mL black pepper (ground)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp./2.5 mL fenugreek
Place chicken breasts in the resealable plastic bag.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
Make sure to massage marinade into the meat.
Seal bag and place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
Place chicken on grill and sear for 2 minutes, brush uncooked portion with marinade, turn, and do the same for the seared side.
After two minutes, turn again and cook for 12-16 minutes, turning breasts occasionally during the cooking process.
Once cooked through (an internal temperature of 165 degrees F at the thickest part of the breast), remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve.