|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 1/2 cups (serves 10)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
For a true taste of Provence, this classic tapenade recipe, a mildly seasoned olive spread, is the easiest and most versatile dish to make. It takes only five minutes to make and is traditionally served on baguette slices or with crudités. Beyond the bread and vegetables serving suggestions, it's luscious when baked with chicken, layered into tartines, and tossed with fresh, hot pasta, like angel hair.
This tapenade recipe makes approximately 1 1/2 cups of olive spread.
- 1 1/2 cups pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 canned, oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Baguette slices or vegetables for serving
Place the olives, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, drained capers, garlic, anchovies, thyme, and black pepper in a food processor.
Process until all the ingredients are finely chopped, but not completely pureed.
Serve the olive spread on baguette slices or with fresh crudités.