Tapenade is a traditional Mediterranean olive mixture that has a lot of wonderful flavor. This pork roast is filled with a tapenade mixture containing black olives, kalamata olives, and capers, then grilled to perfection. A perfect dish for special occasions.
- 1 2 to 3 lb/1 to 1.3 kg pork loin roast
- 1 cup/240 mL black olives (drained and pitted)
- 1 cup/240 mL kalamata olives (drained and pitted)
- 2 tsp./30 mL capers (drained)
- 2 tsp./30 mL olive oil
- 2 tsp./120 mL Dijon mustard
- 1-2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp./5 mL oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp./5 mL black pepper
- For Herb Crust:
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 2 tsp./10 mL oregano (dried)
- 2 tsp./10 mL onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp./7.5 mL sea salt
- 1 tsp./5 mL marjoram
- 1/2 tsp./2.5 mL black pepper
In a blender or food processor combine the olives, capers, mustard, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Butterfly or roll cut the pork loin. Spread tapenade mixture evenly over one side of the pork loin. Roll and tie securely with kitchen twine. Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling. Combine herb crust ingredients and spread all over surface of tied roast. Place roast on grill and cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the meat reaches and internal temperature of 160-165 degrees F.
Remove from grill and let rest for 5-7 minutes. Slice using a very sharp knife and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|