The tangy vinegar dressing makes this a light and tasty slaw, perfect for barbecue. If you are looking for a mayonnaise-free slaw, this is a good choice. Or try this delicious Carolina slaw.
- 1 large head cabbage shredded
- 1 large green bell pepper, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- dash pepper
- Toss shredded and minced vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, salt, celery seed, mustard seed, vinegar, and pepper; whisk together.
- Toss with vegetables; cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
More Coleslaw and Cabbage Salad Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|