Looking to do something different with a pork loin or pork tenderloin? Try these pork loin recipes. Each recipe has a Southern flair with signature flavorings – think bourbon, bacon, and peaches – that are unforgettable.
Pork is such a versatile meat and can take on a variety of amazing seasonings. Most of us stick to ribs or chops, but a pork loin rib or pork tenderloin is a great way to create something new for dinner.
More About Choosing and Cooking Pork
There are a variety of cuts of meat when it comes to picking pork. What is the difference between a pork loin and a pork tenderloin? Not much. In general, the tenderloin is more tender than the loin. The tenderloin is thin, more narrow cut, while the pork loin is a wider cut. It is best to cook pork tenderloin over fairly high heat, while pork loin is better for slow-roasting or grilling.
Pork loin goes by several names, which can make it confusing when you're shopping for the right cut. Other names for these are center cut pork roast, pork center loin roast, pork center cut rib roast, and pork loin rib half...among others. Pork tenderloin is also known as pork tender or pork fillet.
Both cuts are fairly lean but they should not be substituted for each other. Pork loin is sold with the bone in it and is also sold boneless. The tenderloin only comes boneless.
Plenty of Pork Loin Recipes
Now that you know the difference between pork tenderloin and pork loin, you may want to start preparing your next dinner. Here are a few pork loin recipes to try, each with a bit of a Southern flair:
- Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin: A tasty apple and bread crumb mixture is used to stuff butterflied pork tenderloin.
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin with Marmalade Brown Sugar Glaze: Add bacon to pork -- and it's perfection.
- Barbecued Pork Loin: Traditional BBQ sauce flavors a pork loin.
- Bourbon and Cola Glazed Pork Tenderloin: These two drinks combine into a tasty tenderloin.
- Cider Braised Pork Loin With Cabbage: Fingerling potatoes are added to this braised pork near the end of cooking time, for a full and hearty one-dish meal.
- Easy Stuffed Pork Loin: This pork loin is stuffed with a delicious bread dressing mixture.
- Honey-Bourbon Glazed Pork Loin: Another pork loin recipe that incorporates sweet honey and traditional bourbon.
- Honey Glazed Pork Loin Roast: Glazed with a flavorful apple juice and honey sauce.
- Maple Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin: Maple syrup and balsamic vinegar team up in this yummy glaze.
- Mustard and Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin: Mustard and garlic accentuate the pork tenderloin.
- Orange Braised Pork Loin: The orange juice and garlic give this pork loin amazing flavor.
- Pork Loin With Bacon and Brown Sugar Glaze: A brown sugar glaze provides the perfect finishing touch.
- Pork Loin with Maple Glaze: A maple glaze complements this pork roast nicely.
- Pork Loin Roast With Balsamic and Brown Sugar Glaze: This balsamic and brown sugar glazed pork loin roast is an excellent choice for a Sunday dinner or holiday meal.
- Pork and Mashed Potato Casserole: Leftover pork roast? Try this tasty pork casserole.
- Pork Roast With Mustard Rub: A variety of herbs and spicy mustard provide the savory glaze for this pork roast.
- Pork and Sausage Jambalaya With Black-Eyed Peas: Lean pork is combined with rice, black-eyed peas, and spicy sausage in this great dish.
- Pork Tenderloin With Bourbon Sauce: The lightly spiced mustard and Bourbon sauce liven up this easy pork tenderloin nicely.
- Pork Tenderloin With Cranberry-Orange Sauce: This spiced pork tenderloin with cranberry sauce is easy to prepare and low in fat.
- Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Mustard and Rosemary: This pork tenderloin is finished with a sweetened spicy mustard sauce with a little bit of crumbled rosemary.
- Pork Tenderloin With Maple Glaze: A maple glaze tops off this tenderloin recipe for something truly sweet.
- Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Madeira Sauce: Madeira wine adds body and flavor to the simple pan sauce.
- Pork Tenderloin Medallions With Marsala Wine Sauce: Marsala wine gives this simple pork tenderloin dish a fabulous flavor.
- Pork Tenderloin With Sour Cream and Mushroom Sauce: This pork tenderloin with sour cream makes an extraordinary meal out of a lean, mild cut of pork.
- Roast Pork Loin with Apricot Sauce: This pork is served with the easy apricot sauce.
- Roast Pork Loin with Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes combine flawlessly with this roast pork loin
- Rotisserie Pork Loin Roast With Peach Glaze: Peaches and pork team up in this tasty rotisserie pork loin recipe.
- Roast Pork Rib Roast With Fingerling Potatoes: This is an easy and elegant meal, special enough for a Sunday dinner or holiday meal.
- Simple Glazed Pork Tenderloin: Peach preserves, mustard, and balsamic vinegar make up the tasty glaze.
- Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork Recipe: This roast makes a striking entree for a special meal.
- Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe With Ginger and Pineapple: A classic combination of pork, peppers, pineapple, and a ginger-flavored sauce.
- Tangy Glazed Roasted Pork: Brown sugar, ketchup, and vinegar serve as a marinade and then the glaze for this easy glazed roasted pork loin or tenderloins.