- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 onion (small, coarsely chopped)
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 lemon (squeezed for juice)
- 1 cup yogurt (plain)
- 12 chicken thighs (boneless, about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds, or 4 half broilers)
- Garnish: salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: lemon wedges, for serving
Toast the cumin seeds in a small saute pan over medium heat until the seeds are fragrant and start to pop in the pan. Remove from the heat and grind in a .
Place the cumin, onion, garlic, paprika, and lemon juice in an or and pulse to liquify. Add the yogurt and pulse just until blended.
Put the thighs in a shallow non-aluminum baking dish or bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss well to coat.
Let stand at room temperature at least 2 hours or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the broiler to make a charcoal fire. Thread the thighs if using on 4 skewers. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Broil or grill until the juices run clear, about 6 minutes each side. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|