A fantastic rack of ribs bathed in a pineapple-tequila barbecue sauce. Perfect for any occasion.
- 6 lbs./2.7 kg. spareribs (pork)
- 1 tsp./5 mL salt (sea or kosher)
- 1 tsp./5 mL black pepper (ground)
- For Tequila Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 12 oz./350 mL can pineapple juice (frozen, concentrate)
- 1 6 oz/180 mL can tomato paste
- 1 cup/240 mL tequila
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lemon juice
- 2 tbsp./30 mL sugar (brown)
- 2 tbsp./30 mL vinegar (white, distilled)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp./5 mL tabasco (or more if preferred)
Rinse ribs and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat grill for high heat.
Place ribs on the grill and cook for ten minutes.
Move ribs to indirect heat. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for barbecue sauce in a large saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
Remove sauce from heat and baste tops of ribs generously with sauce.
Turn over and cook for 20 minutes.
Baste the other side of ribs generously with sauce; turn over the grill for 30 minutes.
Serve ribs with reserved sauce.