Whether you are making Carne Asada or not, this is a great marinade for most meats, especially beef. The acid from the citrus juices will tenderize the toughest cuts of meat and the tequila will give it a unique flavor.
- 1/4 cup/60 mL tequila
- 1/4 cup/60 mL lime juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL orange juice
- 2-4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cumin (powder)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL chili powder (mild)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl, and mix thoroughly.
Marinate beef for 4 to 8 hours, pork and poultry for 2 to 4 hours, and seafood for no more than 20 minutes in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator.
If you make the marinade a day in advance and let it sit in the refrigerator, the flavors will have more time to combine.