|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Vitamin C 24mg||121%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Mixing tequila with soda is one of the most invigorating ways to enjoy a great tasting tequila. The tequila soda is a simple highball that's become rather popular in bars, but you don't have to go out to get it since it's extremely easy to make at home.
Similar to the whiskey highball and gin and tonic, the tequila soda is a pour-and-serve mixed drink. It's excellent with the slight oakiness of an aged reposado tequila, and nice with a blanco tequila as well. As the margarita has proven for years, fresh lime juice is a perfect companion to tequila, and the soda transforms the combination into a refreshing beverage.
Club soda is one of the best options for the tequila soda. It doesn't add flavor to detract from the tequila and lime, but rather enhances that dynamic duo and brings out their best qualities. If you do prefer a little extra flavor, seltzer with a hint of lime or grapefruit are fabulous choices. For a sweeter touch, try ginger ale.
Gather the ingredients.
In a highball glass filled with ice, pour the tequila and squeeze in the juice of two lime wedges.
Top with the soda.
Garnish with a lime wheel or wedge. Serve and enjoy.
- Top-shelf tequilas are not necessary for the tequila soda, so you can save some money on this drink. Don't go too low in quality though; choose a good mid-range tequila that you wouldn't mind drinking straight.
- Fresh lime juice is best and it should be adjusted to your personal taste. With different tequilas, you may need a little more or a little less.
- If you like a tart drink, make this cocktail with blanco tequila and rub the lime garnish around the rim of the glass for an extra bite with each sip.
- To ensure your drinks are always carbonated, buy soda in smaller bottles unless you'll be making a lot of drinks in a short period of time. Chill the club soda and open it very slowly because it fizzes up and will easily overflow.
- If you switch the club soda to grapefruit soda, you'll have created a paloma. You can also squeeze a little fresh grapefruit juice into the tequila soda for an extra hint of citrus.
- Infuse the tequila soda with flavor by using a flavored tequila. For instance, apple-cinnamon tequila makes an excellent autumn drink, while lemongrass-ginger tequila adds an interesting background flavor. Eliminate the lime if the flavors don't match.
- Make a tequila collins by switching to lemon juice and sweetening the drink with agave nectar.
- The tamarind and tequila is a similar sparkling highball, made with tamarind nectar, simple syrup, and ginger ale.
How Strong Is a Tequila Soda?
The tequila soda is a relatively mild cocktail, and pouring more or less soda will change the strength. It typically mixes up to about 13 percent ABV (26 proof), which is equivalent to drinking a glass of wine.