This crock pot white chicken chili is a classic combination of chicken, white beans, corn, and seasonings. Chicken thighs are used in the recipe.
- 6 chicken thighs (skin and excess fat removed)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) great northern beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1 can (12 to 15 oz.) corn (drained)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Mix onion, garlic, chicken broth, cumin, oregano, salt and Tabasco in 3 1/2 to 6-quart crock pot. Add chicken thighs.
Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
Remove the chicken and remove meat from bones; chop or shred chicken. Discard bones and return chicken to crock pot.
Stir in beans, corn, and cilantro, if using. Cover and cook on low 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.