Preparing a steak teriyaki style is one of the best ways to make it delicious. This recipe uses flank steak though any kind of steak will do. The marinade helps to make this dish more tender and flavorful.
- 1 1/2 pounds steak (flank)
- For Flank Steak Marinade:
- 1/4 cup/60 mL pineapple (canned crushed)
- 3 tsp./4 mL pineapple juice (reserved from crushed pineapple)
- 3 tsp./45 mL soy sauce
- 2 tsp./30 mL shallot (minced)
- 2 tsp./30 mL olive oil
- 2 tsp./30 mL cider vinegar
- 1 tsp./15 mL honey
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp./5 mL ginger (fresh, minced)
- 1/4 tsp./1.75 mL black pepper
- 1/4 tsp./1.74 mL salt
1. Remove 3 tablespoons of crushed pineapple from can and place into a bowl. Carefully dip out 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice from can. If this proves difficult to do, simply place remaining crushed pineapple in a strainer over a bowl. Press down with a spatula to release as much liquid as you can. This should give you the necessary amount for the recipe. Add remaining marinade ingredients to bowl and combine.
2. Place flank steak into a large enough glass baking dish and coat on both side with marinade mixture. Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 2-12 hours. Turn steak a few times during marinating process and replace plastic wrap over dish.
3. Preheat grill for medium high heat.
4. Remove steak from glass dish. Place steak on heated grill and cook until done. About 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness of cut.Remove steaks from grill once they've reach desired doneness and let rest for 5-7 minutes. Slice into strips across the grain. Serve over rice, on salads, or in wraps.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|