|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 13g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Want to get that great teriyaki flavor into your favorite dish? This marinade is sure to add flavor to whatever you're grilling. Simply made with soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic, and onions, this teriyaki marinade is ready to use in under 10 minutes.
This marinade works particularly well with pork and poultry. You can make an extra batch, simmer it until thickened, and drizzle on top of sliced grilled meats and vegetables.
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients—soy sauce, water, brown sugar, white vinegar, vegetable oil, minced garlic, and green onions—in a medium bowl. Stir gently until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Use immediately or store in a refrigerator, covered for 6 to 7 days after preparation.
- Marinate beef, pork, and lamb for 4 to 24 hours.
- Chicken and other poultry for 2 to 12 hours.
- Fish, seafood, and vegetable and meat substitutes for 1 hour.
How to Use As a Sauce
- If using as a sauce. Bring ingredients to a medium simmer. Stir occasionally and watch for burning. Reduce heat as needed. Let mixture simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. If still runny, then thicken with cornstarch.
- Dissolve 2 teaspoons cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Turn heat up to medium-high and add mixture, stir in for 30 seconds to activate the cornstarch. Remove from heat, let mixture thoroughly cool, and use.
- This marinade can be prepared ahead of time, just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap, or in an airtight container. It will last in the refrigerator for 6 to 7 days.
Watch Now: Teriyaki Marinade Variation