Terri Pischoff Wuerthner is an award-winning food writer and author with over 20 years of experience. She pulls from her 10th-generation Cajun roots when writing, cooking, and teaching.
Contact Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work has appeared in dozens of newspapers and magazines
- Author of two cookbooks
- Certified Culinary Professional (CCP) and Certified Dietary Counselor (DC)
Terri Pischoff Wuerthner is a former writer for The Spruce. She is a chef-instructor and food writer with deep Cajun roots. She grew up in California watching her Cajun relatives prepare dishes from gumbo to bread pudding, and made her first roux at 5 years of age (not knowing that she was too young to use the stove).
Terri has been writing about food, especially Cajun and Creole food, for more than 20 years. She is a member of the San Francisco Professional Food Society, Sonoma County Culinary Guild, Bay Area Travel Writers, and Southern Foodways Alliance. She founded the Marin Slow Food convivium in 2000 and was the convivium leader for several years.
Terri has authored two cookbooks and written for dozens of publications. She worked in the education department of the Culinary Institute of America, editing and writing recipes, books, and educational materials for classes and corporate clients.
Terri Pischoff Wuerthner graduated from Le Cordon Rouge as a Certified Culinary Professional. She also obtained her certificate as a Certified Dietary Counselor.
Awards and Publications
- 2001 Tyson Foods Fellowship for American Home Cooking
- 2004 American Egg Board Fellowship
- Finalist, American Lamb Professional Chef Recipe Contest
- Her articles and recipes have appeared in Bon Appétit, Better Homes & Gardens, Gastronomica, The Washington Post, Mademoiselle, Cooking Light, and many other publications.
- "In a Cajun Kitchen: Authentic Cajun Recipes and Stories From a Family Farm on the Bayou" was named one of the 17 best cookbooks of 2006, on The New York Times Christmas list.
- "Food for Life: The Cancer Prevention Cookbook"
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.