Terri Pischoff Wuerthner is an award-winning food writer and author with over 20 years of experience. She pulls from her 10th-generation Cajun roots when writing, cooking, and teaching.
Contact Terri at email@example.com.
- Work has appeared in dozens of newspapers and magazines
- Author of two cookbooks
- Certified Culinary Professional (CCP) and Certified Dietary Counselor (DC)
Terri Pischoff Wuerthner is a former writer for The Spruce. She is a chef-instructor and food writer with deep Cajun roots. She grew up in California watching her Cajun relatives prepare dishes from gumbo to bread pudding, and made her first roux at 5 years of age (not knowing that she was too young to use the stove).
Terri has been writing about food, especially Cajun and Creole food, for more than 20 years. She is a member of the San Francisco Professional Food Society, Sonoma County Culinary Guild, Bay Area Travel Writers, and Southern Foodways Alliance. She founded the Marin Slow Food convivium in 2000 and was the convivium leader for several years.
Terri has authored two cookbooks and written for dozens of publications. She worked in the education department of the Culinary Institute of America, editing and writing recipes, books, and educational materials for classes and corporate clients.
Terri Pischoff Wuerthner graduated from Le Cordon Rouge as a Certified Culinary Professional. She also obtained her certificate as a Certified Dietary Counselor.
Awards and Publications
- 2001 Tyson Foods Fellowship for American Home Cooking
- 2004 American Egg Board Fellowship
- Finalist, American Lamb Professional Chef Recipe Contest
- Her articles and recipes have appeared in Bon Appétit, Better Homes & Gardens, Gastronomica, The Washington Post, Mademoiselle, Cooking Light, and many other publications.
- "In a Cajun Kitchen: Authentic Cajun Recipes and Stories From a Family Farm on the Bayou" was named one of the 17 best cookbooks of 2006, on The New York Times Christmas list.
- "Food for Life: The Cancer Prevention Cookbook"
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.