- Award-winning culinary writer whose work has appeared in dozens of newspapers and magazines for more than 20 years
- Author of two cookbooks
- Certified Culinary Professional (CCP) and Certified Dietary Counselor (DC)
Terri Pischoff Wuerthner is a former writer for The Spruce. She is a chef-instructor and food writer with a passion for her 10th-generation Cajun roots, including the food, history, culture, and her many Cajun relatives. She grew up in California watching her Cajun grandparents, father, aunt and uncle prepare dishes from gumbo to bread pudding and everything in between, and made her first roux at 5 years of age (not knowing that she was too young to use the stove).
She has been writing about food, especially Cajun and Creole food, for more than 20 years. She is a member of the San Francisco Professional Food Society, the Sonoma County Culinary Guild, Bay Area Travel Writers' Association, and the Southern Foodways Alliance. She founded the Marin Slow Food Convivium in 2000, and was the convivium leader for several years.
She worked in the education department of the Culinary Institute of America, editing and writing recipes, books and educational materials for classes and corporate clients.
She lives in the Sonoma County wine country, where she teaches Cajun cooking classes and is involved in the many festivals and fairs celebrating Cajun cooking, music and culture.
Terri Pischoff Wuerthner graduated from Le Cordon Rouge as a Certified Culinary Professional. She also obtained her certificate as a Certified Dietary Counselor.
Awards and Publications
- "In a Cajun Kitchen: Authentic Cajun Recipes and Stories From a Family Farm on the Bayou" Named one of the 17 best cookbooks of 2006, it was on the New York Times Christmas list that year.
- "Food for Life: The Cancer Prevention Cookbook"
- 2001 Tyson Foods Fellowship for American Home Cooking
- 2004 American Egg Board Fellowship
- Finalist, American Lamb Professional Chef Recipe Contest
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.