This black bean and corn salad is dressed with an easy, tangy dressing made with preserves, lime juice, cilantro, and a variety of seasonings.
This is an excellent salad to serve with grilled burgers or steaks.
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (ground)
- 1 cup corn kernels (cooked, cooled)
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (small head, about 2 cups torn)
- 1 red bell pepper (medium, diced)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can lima beans (or butter beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper (seeded, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (fresh chopped)
- Garnish: tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Add corn, lettuce, bell pepper, black beans, lima beans, chile pepper, and cilantro.
- Toss lightly to blend ingredients.
- Garnish salad with tortilla chips.
More Black Bean Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||18 g|