|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 63g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 18g||63%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This black bean and corn salad is dressed with an easy, tangy dressing made with preserves, lime juice, cilantro, and a variety of seasonings.
This is an excellent salad to serve with grilled burgers or steaks.
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (ground)
- 1 cup corn kernels (cooked, cooled)
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (small head, about 2 cups torn)
- 1 red bell pepper (medium, diced)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can lima beans (or butter beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper (seeded, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (fresh chopped)
- Garnish: tortilla chips
In a large bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
Add corn, lettuce, bell pepper, black beans, lima beans, chile pepper, and cilantro.
Toss lightly to blend ingredients.
Garnish salad with tortilla chips.
More Black Bean Recipes