|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Cilantro and jalapeno peppers give this meatloaf a little heat and lots of great flavors. Serve this well-seasoned meatloaf with rice or mashed potatoes for a fabulous family meal.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and finely minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
Combine the beef, pork, egg, 1/3 cup of ketchup, chili powder, salt, pepper, cilantro, garlic, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper.
Mix to blend thoroughly. Pack into a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.
Spread the remaining 1/3 cup ketchup over the top and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes longer.