Use this tasty Tex-Mex style salad dressing on a taco salad or a main dish chicken or steak salad, or drizzle it over a chicken or steak wrap filling. It's easy to fix with a blender or immersion blender.
Feel free to leave the cilantro out of the recipe.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- Optional: 1/4 cup cilantro
- dash salt
- In a blender or in an immersion blender container, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salsa, and cilantro. Process until smooth and well blended. Buy a Cuisinart Immersion Blender from Amazon
- Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in salt, to taste.
- Makes about 2 cups of salad dressing.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
- This is great for a taco salad, or use it to dress the main dish chicken or steak salad.
You Might Also Like