|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There is no better way to spend time with family and friends than by sharing the open fire of a charcoal grill. When preparing my family favorite rib recipe, I like to tinker with dry rubs to keep friends and family on their toes with flavor.
- 2 full slabs pork Baby Back Ribs or 8 pork country style ribs
- 3-4 tbps./45-60 mL Dijon mustard (Spicy Brown)
- For Dan's Rub:
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sugar (brown packed)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL garlic pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL onion (powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic (powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL orange (rind, grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL thyme
Combine the rub ingredients. Lightly coat the rib meat with mustard; all sides for country style ribs and meat side for Baby Back Ribs. Sprinkle 1/2 cup/120 mL rub mixture evenly over the ribs. Press into mustard and wrap ribs tightly in aluminum foil.
Place the ribs on the grill over indirect heat. (Note: this means that you place all the charcoal on one side of the grill. When the coals are ready, the food gets placed on the opposite side of the grill.) Cook the meat covered for 90 minutes.
Remove the ribs from foil and sprinkle the remaining rub mixture over the ribs (do not re-wrap in foil). Place the ribs, meat side down on the grill over indirect heat. Cover the grill and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the ribs so they are facing meat side up. Cover grill and continue cooking an additional 10 minutes or until ribs are tender.
Recipe created by family man, Dan Rountree of Bastrop, Texas, on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal