|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 41g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||86%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||33%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This delicious Thai curried chicken has lots of complexity and is loaded with authentic Thai flavors. The dish looks impressive but it's really quite simple to prepare and cooks very quickly. This Thai dish is a healthy choice with lean chicken with a large variety of vegetables. Many of the traditional Thai ingredients are also there - curry paste, fish sauce, coconut milk, cilantro. The peaches here add a nice sweet contrast to the curry. If you like your food really spicy, just add more curry paste!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken (large boneless, skinless breasts)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion (large, thinly sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (for a hot curry, add 1/2 to one teaspoon more)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime peel (finely grated)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 15-ounce can peach slices (or 2 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 pepper (red small, thinly sliced)
- Optional: 3 1/2 cups green onions (sliced)
- Optional: 1/2 cup basil (leaves fresh, thinly sliced)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- Cooked rice (amount desired for serving)
Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breast meat into 3/4-inch cubes. Set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat (if using a frying pan, use 2 tablespoons of oil instead of 1).
Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes until translucent. Add the chicken and the garlic and cook until the chicken is golden brown and almost cooked through about 5 minutes.
Add the red curry paste, sugar, fish sauce, lime peel, and coconut milk and stir until well mixed. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, drain the peaches and then add snow peas, red pepper, and peaches to onion mixture. Cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
Just before serving, spoon mixture over cooked rice and garnish with green onions, basil, and cilantro.