Not sure what to do with lemongrass? If you've got some leftover, or you've got plenty growing wild in your yard, and are sick of lemongrass tea, here's a way to incorporate the flavors of fresh lemongrass into a Thai-inspired vegetable stir-fry dish. Vegetarians and vegans know that can never have too many vegetable stir-fry ideas, and, a simple veggie or tofu stir-fry dish always makes a great vegetarian and vegan dinner idea for a busy weeknight family meal.
This recipe calls for tofu and plenty of vegetables, including green beans, broccoli and bell pepper stir-fried with a bit of Thai-inspired ingredients, including green chilies, lime juice and lemongrass for a subtle Thai flavor.
If you like lemongrass, you'll love this fragrant Thai-inspired vegetarian stir-fry, and, to double up on the lemongrass flavor, why not serve this stir-fry alongside this easy Thai coconut and lemongrass flavored rice?
With nothing more than tofu, vegetables and fresh chilies and lime for seasoning, this simple stir-fry recipe is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. Serve it over plain steamed white rice to keep it simple, or, try some more vegetarian Thai food recipes and serve this dish alongside an easy vegan Thai coconut and vegetable soup for a more complete meal.
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil (or, use a combination of 2 tbsp of another neutral flavored high-heat oil such as canola oil and 1 tbsp. sesame oil)
- 8 oz. tofu (cut into small cubes, about 3/4-inch thick)
- 3/4 cup green beans (sliced)
- 3/4 cup carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (red, sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (green, sliced)
- 2 Thai chilies (green, minced, use only one Thai chili or another more mild option if you're not used to the heat)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp. lemongrass (fresh, sliced very thin)
- 2 tbsp. lime (juice)
- 1 dash of salt (to taste)
- First, prepare your tofu. Like most vegan tofu recipes, this one will taste best if you press the tofu first. Not sure how to do that? See this easy step-by-step guide: How to press tofu.
- Once your tofu is well pressed, saute the tofu in peanut or canola oil until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans, carrots, broccoli, red and green bell peppers and chilies, and stir-fry for a few more minutes, until veggies are cooked.
- Add the the garlic and lemongrass and cook for another minute or two, stirring well.
- Once the garlic is well incorporated, add in the lime juice and a dash of salt and remove the pan from heat.
- Serve over plain white or brown steamed rice if you'd like, and enjoy your Thai-inspired tofu and vegetable stir-fry with lemongrass!
This easy Thai stir-fry recipe is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||18 g|