The recipe for this Cuban sandwich uses Thanksgiving leftovers to make an insanely delicious version of this Latin sandwich. And unlike the traditional crisp and thin version made on a griddle, this hearty holiday rendition is stacked high with thick slices of freshly roasted turkey breast and sweet honey baked ham, tart cranberry sauce, dill pickles, yellow mustard, and creamy melted swiss cheese.
If you don't have any cuban bread on hand, you could easily use a different form, such as yeast rolls or muffins, to create your own Thanksgiving Cuban Sliders.
- 1 loaf Cuban bread
- 3 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup pickles (chopped)
- 1/4 lb swiss cheese (sliced)
- 1/2 lb leftover honey baked ham (or sliced deli meat)
- 1/2 lb leftover roasted turkey breast (or sliced deli meat)
- 4 tbsp cranberry jam (or chutney)
- 4 pats salted butter
- 1 roll of tin foil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice the loaf of Cuban bread in half and smother one side with yellow mustard.
- Add chopped pickles and cover with the slices of swiss cheese - spaced equally apart.
- Top with the roasted turkey breast and then add the honey baked ham. On the other half of the loaf, smear on the cranberry jam and close the sandwich. Coat the outside with butter.
- Wrap the sandwich in tinfoil and place it on a baking sheet. Take something heavy like a cast iron skillet or a tinfoil wrapped brick and smush the sandwich down.
- Put the baking sheet with the tinfoil wrapped sandwich and heavy item in the oven and cook for about 12-16 minutes or until the bread is crisped up and the cheese has melted.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||108 g|
|Saturated Fat||64 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||32 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|