Wrap up the best parts of your Thanksgiving meal into this tortilla. Smother with gravy, melt cheddar cheese over the top and add a little cranberry sauce on the side for dipping, and you've got yourself a sinfully delicious plate of leftovers.
Since this recipe uses a lot of leftover ingredients, just make sure to heat all of the leftovers to a proper temperature. Be careful not to bring the ingredients to room temperature before heating or returning to the refrigerator to avoid spoiling.
If you are trying to create this leftover burrito when you haven't recently had Thanksgiving, you can always make some modifications. Our suggestions are to use deli turkey and whatever cranberry sauce you have on hand. As for additional add-ins, go wild and include sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts, or any other of your favorite leftover sides from the big day. This is your time to shine!
If you have so many leftovers that you need some other creative ways to use them up, check out our Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pizza and Ultimate Guide to Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwiches.
- Heat the oven to broil (500 F). Make sure to have a rack close to the top of the oven.
- Quickly warm the burrito sized tortilla in the microwave, for about 20 seconds. This makes it easy to fold later.
- Place the tortilla on a large oven safe plate, then smear the center with sour cream.
- Heat the roast turkey, mashed potatoes and leftover stuffing on a separate plate. (Can microwave for faster results).
- Add the heated turkey, potatoes and stuffing onto the center of the warmed tortilla, covering the sour cream.
- Roll the burrito by folding the end of the burrito over the filling and then folding in the sides while rolling the tortilla.
- Heat the gravy in a small pot on medium-low heat until it is hot. Pour the gravy over the top of the burrito while it is on the oven proof plate. Cover as much, or as little, of the burrito that you wish. Sprinkle the top of the burrito with the shredded cheese.
- Place the burrito under the broiler for about 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with leftover cranberry sauce on the side. Dig in!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||203 g|
|Saturated Fat||62 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||65 g|
|Dietary Fiber||20 g|