|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 cocktail (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The berried treasure cocktail is a sweet recipe that makes excellent use of New Amsterdam Red Berry Vodka. It is, admittedly, a little unusual, but it works very well and offers an intriguing flavor combination not often found in raspberry cocktails.
This recipe was created for New Amsterdam by New York City mixologist Hal Wolin. In it, he has combined the sweet berry-flavored vodka with lemonade and crème de cacao. That last ingredient gives it a sweet chocolate kiss (presumably, the "treasure") that's absolutely fabulous against the fruits, even the tart lemonade.
- 1 1/2 ounces berry vodka (New Amsterdam Red Berry Vodka)
- 3/4 ounce lemonade
- 3/4 ounce crème de cacao (white)
- Garnish: lemon peel
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the berry vodka, lemonade, and crème de cacao.
Garnish with a lemon peel.
Serve and enjoy!
- Crème de cacao really is the best chocolate liqueur choice for this particular recipe. Most other options are creamy, which is not ideal with lemonade.
- If all you have in stock is dark crème de cacao, use it. The taste won't change, but the cocktail will have a brownish color.
- This drink is much better with homemade lemonade. You don't need to make a whole batch either. Simply pour 1 part each fresh lemon juice and simple syrup with 2 parts water, shaking it with ice in your cocktail shaker. With that formula, you can make as little or as much as you like and can customize the sweet and sour flavors to perfectly suit your taste.
- Serving this drink in a chilled glass will keep it cooler longer and make your entire drinking experience a little more pleasant. Since cocktail glasses are awkward in the freezer, especially if you're limited on space, place a few ice cubes in the glass while you're mixing for a quick chill.
Give this drink a little sparkle by topping it with a sparkling rosé. The blush pink wine often has hints of strawberry and watermelon, which would be fabulous accents for the martini's flavors.
How Strong Is a Berried Treasure Cocktail?