Kiwis and limes make this a knock-out Sangria recipe with origins from the islands Down Under.
- 1 bottle of white wine (Consider a New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 tangerine (peeled and sliced)
- 3-4 kiwis (peeled and sliced)
- 1 lemon peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups ginger ale or club soda
Pour wine in the pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon or limes into the wine.
Toss in the sliced kiwi, tangerine, and lemon and add sugar. Chill overnight.
Add ginger ale or club soda just before serving. If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice.
- Try using sliced mango, peach or strawberries
- New Zealand wineries to try: Villa Maria Estate, Spy Valley Wines, Craggy Range Winery, Stoneleigh, Forrest Estate, Nautilus Estate