|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The Polished Princess is a fantastic autumn cocktail. Though more of a fresh cranberry cocktail than a pumpkin drink, it does include the spice mix used in pumpkin pies, so it still has a hint of that PSL feel. It's a drink you can enjoy all season long and is a great way to finish off your Thanksgiving meal.
This recipe was created by mixologist Jonathan Pogash for Sobieski Vodka, an impressive and affordable Polish rye-based vodka that's often shortened to just Sobi. It features the brand's soft vanilla vodka with a muddle of fresh cranberries and pumpkin spice. Adding the egg white results in a luscious cocktail with a rich texture that is simply delicious.
Gather the ingredients.
Add the vanilla vodka and egg white and dry shake without ice.
Add ice and shake again.
Serve and enjoy!
Raw Egg Warning
Consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs poses a risk for food-borne illness.
- When you can't find fresh cranberries, you can rehydrate dried cranberries for this drink. Simply soak them in hot water (vodka works, too) for about 20 minutes and strain off the liquid. The fruit won't be picture perfect but will work just fine for the muddle and the garnish will sink rather than float.
- You can purchase pumpkin pie spice at most grocery stores, though it's very easy to make at home. The classic pumpkin spice mix is made of allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg and you can mix up as little as 2 teaspoons.
- Fresh lemon juice is highly recommended. On average, a lemon yields 1 3/4 ounces of juice, so one piece of fruit should be enough for three cocktails.
- There are two keys to mixing up egg cocktails: ensure your egg is super fresh and shake it extra long. The first is a safety issue and a quick water test will help you out. The second is the reason for the dry shake and ensures the white becomes fully integrated with the other ingredients.
- Serving this cocktail in a chilled glass makes it just a little bit better. If you don't have one pre-chilled, take the quick route: Place a few ice cubes in the glass while you're mixing, then dump them before straining. Adding cold soda water as well makes it just a little colder.
How Strong Is a Polished Princess?