Experts say that breakfast is the most important time of the day - so why not start it with something unforgettable?
Forget regular old toast and bagels, this game changing breakfast sandwich uses a different type of bread to hold everything together. Stuffed with soft cheesy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and melty muenster cheese, this sweet and savory start to your day ditches the ordinary and uses toasted cinnamon buns instead of bread.
This recipe is not only perfect for lazy mornings at home, but it's also fit for group brunches, baby showers, sleepovers, and the like. Best of all, they even hold up and travel well if they're wrapped tightly in tinfoil -- which makes them the perfect dish to bring into mornings at work when the staff deserves a little something special.
They're best when made with freshly baked cinnamon buns but feel free to make them the night before to save time and energy.
And if you don't eat pork, don't worry about it! Feel free to swap it out for turkey bacon, veggie bacon or just leave it out completely. There are so many flavors and textures going on in this sandwich that the fillings alone can hold their own.
if you're trying to be more on the health conscious side, swap out the cinnamon bun for a whole wheat sandwich wrap or place the sandwich fillings on top of freshly sliced tomatoes or greens dressed in an orange juice vinaigrette.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Franks RedHot sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon salted butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoon sharp cheddar
- 1 extra large cinnamon bun
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1 slice Muenster cheese
- Begin by whisking together eggs, frank’s hot sauce and salt. Add butter to a small nonstick pan and turn heat to medium.
- Once the butter melts, add whisked egg mixture and continuously stir until thick, custard-like scrambled eggs.
- Turn heat off and move eggs to one side of the pan, add cheese to the other side, then scoop eggs on top. Let sit for a minute, then stir together to combine.
- Add 1/2 tbsp butter to a nonstick pan and toast the interior of the cinnamon bun. Remove from heat and add scrambled eggs, muenster cheese, and bacon to the bottom half of the toasted cinnamon bun. Add the remaining half of the cinnamon bun on top and serve.