An easy cake to make up from scratch.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar; blend in the egg yolks. Add vanilla to milk.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Alternating with milk mixture, add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Beat well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter, mixing just until blended.
- Pour batter into three greased and floured 8- or 9-inch cake pans or one greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake layers at 375 F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Bake the one layer cake at 350 F for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Related Cake Recipes
Seven Minute Frosting Recipe
Fluffy White Frosting Recipe
Fluffy Cocoa Frosting
Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
Alice's Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
Orange Frosting Recipe
Chocolate Fudge Frosting, 2-Layer
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe for Two Layer Cake
Cream Cheese Frosting
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Creamy Butter Frosting Recipe
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Angel Food Cakes
Cookie Recipes Index
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|