|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 32g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||51%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|Total Sugars 15g|
|Vitamin C 4mg||22%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Try this favorite recipe for creamy spaghetti sauce, with a secret ingredient added. Take that jar of storebought spaghetti sauce, and make it your own by tweaking it with just a few ingredients. Then cook this simple spaghetti sauce on the stovetop. It's that easy! Your family will think you've toiled over a stove making spaghetti sauce from scratch.
The best part? This recipe is a base that is open to variations. Add anything else you love in spaghetti sauce, such as peppers, onions, celery, extra spices, and more.
Serve it over spaghetti noodles, use it in baked ziti or lasagna—the possibilities are endless.
Add some crusty homemade Italian bread and a tossed salad, and you've got a full-fledged meal for all to enjoy.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (26-ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Gather the ingredients.
Once the beef is no longer pink, add the sauce and soup; stir well and simmer for about 1 hour. The time is not too critical. It just needs to be bubbling for a bit to blend flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you get a little too eager with your additions and the sauce becomes too spicy, just add a little bit of sugar or honey to help sweeten it up.
Oh, the variations you can do to jazz up a jar of storebought spaghetti sauce! Here are just a few suggestions.
- Any type of condensed cream soup works, so try celery, chicken, or any other variety you have in stock.
- Add in some chopped-up green, yellow or red peppers.
- Throw in some oregano, Italian seasoning, rosemary, or basil for additional flavor.
- Finely chop up 1 small onion and stir into the sauce.
- Mince up 1 to two cloves of garlic, depending on your taste, and put into the sauce.
- Add in some red pepper flakes for a little bit of a kick.
- Chop up some black olives and stir them in.
How to Use Creamy Spaghetti Sauce
There are so many different dishes you can make or use this sauce for that this is just the beginning of suggestions; the rest is up to your imagination.
- Use in your favorite dishes from spaghetti to lasagna, or eggplant parmesan to chicken parmesan.